THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 30, 2009

First post, new logo & poncho design!

So this is my first new post since Ive decided to redo my blog and start fresh. I Have a lot of new things to share! First of all is my new name for my blog/buisiness wich im sure youve already seen at the top of the page. Uniquely Izzy! Second of all is my new logo for my new blog/buisiness (can i call it that yet? okay so maybe its a buisiness in the works). Its the background right now but heres a better picture of it->



What do you think? Leave me comments I want feedback :] The logo originally started out as a drawing because i needed I picture for my new etsy store (I havent finished setting it up yet when I do I will link it). I then scanned it into my computer and used a photo editing program to make it better. Heres the original->

Ive finally figured out that I want to go to art/fashion school. I love knitting and i Love designing things. So I want to combine those. I have 2 years left of high school to really prepare myself & work towards that goal. I feel so inspired by everything! And I'm extremely happy with the fact that homeschooling allows me to do things that I wouldn't be able to do regularly. I was talking to a fellow homeschooler earlier who has been to school and back and he agrees that it leaves room for much more creativity. It also gives you a more relaxed and free attitude. So anyways back to knitting!

I have been working on a new poncho pattern that involves knitting lots of 4x4 inch squares and lots of sewing together. Ive had a lot of fun messing around with different techniques to make the squares. Lacework, dropped stitches, cables & felting are just a few. Here are some pictures.




That last picture is of the half of the poncho I've completed. I had to take the pictures in a my makeshift photo studio (A white sheet thrown over a couch ha ha).

That's all for now.
Izzy

0 comments: